Sunday, September 13, 2009

Uploading Audio Files - FreePBX finicky settings

In addition to my post here:

I re-read my post and tried to follow it, but I realized that I forgot to do a post about how picky FreePBX is about how you go about uploading your completed (and correctly formatted, of course!) file. By following these steps, you'll reduce significantly the amount of hair you have to pull out:

1. Go to your "System Recordings' area
2. Browse for the file you wish to upload
3. Enter a name for the file in the 'name this recording' field below
4. Go BACK up and click the 'upload' button
5. A window will pop up with a message from your server warning you to wait. Wait!
6. When you see 'Successfuly uploaded ....." message appear in the background, then you can close the dialogue box warning by clicking 'ok'
7. Save your settings

It is currently NOT intuitive so you have to follow these instructions. If you try to upload the file before putting something in the 'name this file' field, for some reason it fails.

REMINDER NOTE! Another big reason for a failed upload is incorrect formatting. See my post here about that here.

No comments:

Post a Comment