Wednesday, September 16, 2009

How to fix a 'An Error has occurred' message in FreePBX voicemail

I was messing around with ports in my hacked Vongage adaptor when something went wacky. After that, every time I picked up my extension, I got a message waiting indicator beep, but when I went to go in and check the message I got the 'An error has occurred' robot chick. I know she's just doing her job but it frustrated me. So, I decided to fix it before I went to bed. After a bunch of further messing with the ports, the solution turned out to be nice and simple. I love it when that happens. Here's how to fix it:

1. Log into your FreePBX
2. Go to your admin gui
3. go to the extension that's messing up
4. Disable the voicemail completely, submit, and then apply changes (reload)
5. Re-enable voicemail for that extension, submit, and then apply changes (reload)

Done. Your voicemail should be cranking out the sweet voice of your mother inviting you for dinner on Sunday....

No comments:

Post a Comment