Sunday, September 27, 2009

FreePBX - IVR Options Not Working [fixed!]

Funny times again in FreePBX Land.

As excited as I am at how close I am to having my 'own Google voice' catch-all number, it seems I'm bumping into an issue with the IVR. I am able to record the IVR, reach the IVR when calling the inbound route, but when the IVR recording plays, I am unable to actually do anything. When the voice says 'Press 1' and I press 1, nothing happens. It's not picking up the DTMF tone or something. Or permissions are wacky. I've emailed Disposable Joe to see what he thinks about the scenario...

EDIT:

DTMF was the problem. In the PEER details of the Trunk in FreePBX:

Change dtmfmode=rfc2833 to dtmfmode=inband

Or add it if isn't there...

Why?
The device that you press the key on will generate the DTMF tones. - If the codec is not ulaw or alaw then the DTMF tones will be distorted by the audio compression and will not be recognised. If the phone is set for RFC2833 and asterisk is set for inband then you may not hear anything

That's why!

If you are calling from an external line then it's a different codec or somthing.

Another option is to use dtmfmode=auto, but that didn't seem to work either.

DJ

2 comments: