Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Why no mailbox?

For some reason, Trixbox doesn't come with a default voicemail context setup in the configuration file.

When I set up the extensions, the conext said "default" and the mailbox was "1234@".

I looked in the /etc/asterisk/voicemail.conf and it said
...
[default]

[]
[]
1234 => 9999,Bob,,,attach=no|saycid=no|envelope=no|delete=no
1235 => 9999,Rob,,,attach=no|saycid=no|envelope=no|delete=no

I don't know what those extra empty [ ] context were about so I deleted them and created my own:

[device]
1234 => 9999,Bob,,,attach=no|saycid=no|envelope=no|delete=no
1235 => 9999,Rob,,,attach=no|saycid=no|envelope=no|delete=no

So, then back in the Trixbox web gui, I changed the voicemail context to "device" and my mailbox "1234@device".

EDIT: Don't make your own context, and do not change the VM Context in the web gui (as per the warning!) Why? Because you can't record your VM greetings.

Keep it as:

[default]
1234 => 9999,Bob,,,attach=no|saycid=no|envelope=no|delete=no
1235 => 9999,Rob,,,attach=no|saycid=no|envelope=no|delete=no

And keep the VM Contest as "default" , the 1234@device shoud be 1234@default, so that you can access your mailbox on that context.

Success... sort of. I was able to connect to the voicemail box by dialing *97.

I entered the Asterisk CLI from the ssh with command: asterisk -r

I could see that I was entering the mailbox all right, but I could not hear anything...

After some research, I found out that it was a NAT issue.

Earlier in /etc/asterisk/sip_general_custom.conf I had added:

nat=yes
externip=72.32.23.235 <--- IP address of Internet connection
localhost=192.168.0.111 <-- local IP address of PBX box I left out a few things according to my research, so I changed it to read:
nat=yes
externip=72.32.23.235
externrefresh=300 <-- No idea what this is for
localhost=192.168.0.111/255.255.255.0 <-- local subnetmask I went into the asterisk CLI again and ran module reload to refresh the server and apply the conf changes.

I can now access my mailbox. Why? I don't know exactly.

DJ@Paris

No comments:

Post a Comment